An Open-label, Phase II Study to Determine Acute (After the First Dose Administration) and Chronic (After 28 Days of Treatment) Effects of the Sodium-glucose Co-transporter-2 (SGLT-2) Inhibitor Empagliflozin (BI 10773) (25 mg Once Daily) on Pre and Postprandial Glucose Homeostasis in Patients With IGT and, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Healthy Subjects
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 24 Dec 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Empagliflozin (Primary)
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim
- 24 Dec 2015 Results of subgroup analysis of two groups (n=66) published in the Diabetologia
- 17 Sep 2013 Data will be presented at the 49th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD), according to a Boehringer Ingelheim and Eli Lilly media release.
- 01 Jul 2013 Status changed from recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.