A Phase III, Randomized, Double-Blind, Active Comparator-Controlled Clinical Trial to Study the Efficacy and Safety of Ertapenem Sodium (MK-0826) Versus Ceftriaxone Sodium/Metronidazole for the Prophylaxis of Surgical Site Infection Following Elective Colorectal Surgery in Chinese Adults.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 24 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Ertapenem (Primary) ; Ceftriaxone; Metronidazole
- Indications Bacterial infections; Postoperative infections
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Merck & Co; Merck Sharp & Dohme
- 23 Jan 2012 Planned end date changed from 1 Feb 2012 to 1 Dec 2011 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 23 Jan 2012 Status changed from recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 26 Apr 2011 Planned End Date changed from 1 Jan 2012 to 1 Feb 2012 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.