A Randomized, Double-blind, Controlled Study to Evaluate PK, PD, Safety and Efficacy of GP2013 and Rituximab in Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis Refractory or Intolerant to Standard DMARDs and up to Three Anti-TNF Therapies
Phase of Trial: Phase I/II
Latest Information Update: 14 Nov 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Rituximab (Primary)
- Indications Rheumatoid arthritis
- Focus First in man; Pharmacokinetics
- Acronyms ASSIST-RA
- Sponsors HEXAL; Sandoz
- 14 Nov 2017 Results from this trial were presented at the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) Annual Meeting according to a Sandoz media release.
- 12 Sep 2017 According to a Sandoz media release, The US FDA accepted Biologics License Application (BLA) under the 351(k) pathway for a proposed biosimilar to the reference medicine, rituximab (Rituxan).This submission is based on data from ASSIST-RA and ASSIST-FL studies.
- 19 Jun 2017 According to a Sandoz media release, The European Commission (EC) has approved Rixathon(biosimilar rituximab) to treat the same indications as the reference product (MabThera).This approval is based on results from biosimilar development program that included this and ASSIST-FL trials.