A 52-week Treatment, Multi-center, Randomized, Open Label, Parallel Group Study to Assess the Long Term Safety and Tolerability of QVA149 (110 Mcg Indacaterol / 50 Mcg Glycopyrrolate o.d.) Using Tiotropium (18 Mcg o.d.) as an Active Control in Japanese Patients With Moderate to Severe Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 07 Sep 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Glycopyrrolate/indacaterol (Primary) ; Tiotropium bromide
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Adverse reactions
- Acronyms ARISE
- Sponsors Novartis; Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- 23 Sep 2013 Results from this trial contributed to the approval of glycopyrrolate/indacaterol, delivered via the Ultibro Breezhaler, by the European Commission according to a Vectura Group media release.
- 11 Sep 2013 Pooled analysis assessing lung function presented at the 23rd Annual Congress of the European Respiratory Society.
- 11 Sep 2013 Pooled tolerability analysis of the SHINE, ILLUMINATE, ENLIGHTEN and ARISE trials presented at the 23rd Annual Congress of the European Respiratory Society.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History