A Randomized, Open label, Multicentric, Comparative, Efficacy and Safety study of Early initiation Triple Oral Therapy of Fixed dose combination [FDC] of Glimepiride + Metformin SR + Pioglitazone Vs Fixed dose combination [FDC] of Dual oral therapy of Glimepiride + Metformin SR in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with monotherapy of either Glimepiride or Metformin Plain/SR formulation.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 29 Aug 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Pioglitazone (Primary) ; Glimepiride; Metformin
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Adverse reactions; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Abbott Laboratories
- 23 Nov 2011 Status changed from recruiting to completed as reported by Clinical Trials Registry - India record.
- 10 Mar 2011 New trial record