A 26-week Treatment, Multi-center, Randomized, Doubleblind, Double Dummy, Parallel-group Study to Assess the Efficacy, Safety and Tolerability of QVA149 Compared to Fluticasone/Salmeterol in Patients With Moderate to Severe Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 07 Sep 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Glycopyrrolate/indacaterol (Primary) ; Salmeterol/fluticasone propionate
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms ILLUMINATE
- Sponsors Novartis
- 23 Sep 2013 Results from this trial contributed to the approval of glycopyrrolate/indacaterol, delivered via the Ultibro Breezhaler, by the European Commission according to a Vectura Group media release.
- 11 Sep 2013 Pooled analysis presented at the 23rd Annual Congress of the European Respiratory Society.
- 11 Sep 2013 Results for subgroup of patients using fixed-dose long-acting beta2-agonist/inhaled corticosteroid before study enrollment presented at the 23rd Annual Congress of the European Respiratory Society.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History