A Phase 3 Multi-Center, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of the Effects of Once-Daily Oral Doses of 75 mg Azimilide Dihydrochloride on the Incidence of Cardiovascular Hospitalizations/Emergency Department Visits or Cardiovascular Death in Patients with an Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 11 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Azimilide (Primary)
- Indications Ventricular arrhythmias; Ventricular fibrillation; Ventricular tachycardia
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms SHIELD-2
- Sponsors Forest Laboratories
- 01 Mar 2017 Primary endpoint (Time to first cardiovascular event) has not been met, according to the results published in the American Heart Journal.
- 01 Mar 2017 Results published in the American Heart Journal
- 03 May 2013 Status changed from recruiting to discontinued as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.