Optimized Phase III Trial of Immuno-stimulation With Maraviroc, a CCR5 (Chemokine Receptor 5) Antagonist, Combined With Anti Retroviral Therapy in Advanced, Late Diagnosed HIV-1 Infected Patients With an AIDS-defining Event and/or CD4 (Cluster of Differentiation 4) Counts Below 200 Cells/mm³. ANRS 146 OPTIMAL.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 26 Jul 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Maraviroc (Primary) ; Efavirenz; Fosamprenavir; Ritonavir
- Indications HIV-1 infections
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms OPTIMAL
- 26 Jul 2017 Primary endpoint [The clinical benefit is the reduction of occurence of a composite outcome consisting of: New AID-defining event (1993 CDC(Centers for Disease Control) expanded surveillance definition)] has not been met, according to results presented at the 9th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Science.
- 26 Jul 2017 Results assessing clinical benefit of the adjunction of Maraviroc in combination with antiretroviral therapy in naive and late diagnosed HIV-1 infected patients presented at the 9th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Science.
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated