A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo- and Active-controlled Study of Secukinumab to Demonstrate the Efficacy at 24 Weeks and to Assess the Safety, Tolerability and Long Term Efficacy up to 1 Year in Patients With Active Rheumatoid Arthritis Who Have an Inadequate Response to Anti-TNFα Agents (CAIN457F2309) and A Four Year Extension Study to Evaluate the Long Term Efficacy, Safety and Tolerability of Secukinumab in Patients With Active Rheumatoid Arthritis (CAIN457F2309E1)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 19 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Secukinumab (Primary) ; Abatacept
- Indications Rheumatoid arthritis
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms NURTURE; NURTURE-1
- Sponsors Novartis
- 07 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 19 Feb 2017 Results published in the Arthritis and Rheumatology.
- 04 May 2016 Primary endpoint (Percentage of Participants Achieving an American College of Rheumatology Response 20 (ACR20).) has been met.