A Double-Blind, Positive Comparator, Randomized, Multicenter, Parallel Group Study to Assess the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of AZD3480 (TC-1734-226) as Monotherapy in Patients with Mild to Moderate Dementia of the Alzheimer's Type (AD).
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 22 Jul 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Ispronicline (Primary) ; Donepezil
- Indications Alzheimer's disease
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Targacept
- 15 Jul 2014 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov record.
- 14 Jul 2014 Primary endpoint 'change from Baseline to week 52 in ADAS-Cog-11 and the Clinician Interview- Based Impression of Change Plus Caregiver Input (CIBIC-(+))' has not been met according to the Targacept media release.
- 14 Jul 2014 Primary endpoint 'Change from Baseline to Week 52 in the co-primary endpoints ADAS-Cog-11 and the ADCS-ADL' has not been met (for European regulatory purposes) according to the Targacept media release.