A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel Group, 18-Week Study to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of Canagliflozin in the Treatment of Subjects With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus With Inadequate Glycemic Control on Metformin Alone or in Combination With a Sulphonylurea.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 01 Dec 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Canagliflozin (Primary)
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Janssen Research & Development
- 07 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 01 Dec 2016 Pooled analysis of 7 studies including this one and results of substudy of the CANVAS trial (n=432) were published in the Diabetes Therapy.
- 30 Jan 2014 Secondary endpoint is changed from 'adverse events' to 'percentage of patients with glycosylated hemoglobin'.