A Phase III, Multi-Centre, Randomized Controlled Trial to Assess the Safety and Effectiveness of the Vaginal Microbicide 1% Tenofovir Gel in the Prevention of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 Infection in Young Women, and to Examine Effects of the Microbicide on the Incidence of Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2 Infection
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 22 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Tenofovir (Primary)
- Indications Herpes simplex virus type 2 infections; HIV-1 infections
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms FACTS001
- Sponsors CONRAD
- 16 Apr 2015 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed, according to to ClinicalTrials.gov record.
- 16 Jun 2014 Status changed from recruiting to active, no longer recruiting as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 17 May 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 2200 to 2900 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.