A 24-Week, International, Multi-centre, Randomised, Parallel-group, Double-blind, Active-controlled, Phase III study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Dapagliflozin in Combination with Metformin compared with a DPP-4 inhibitor (Sitagliptin) in Combination with Metformin in Adult Patients with Type 2 Diabetes who have Inadequate Glycaemic Control on Metformin Therapy Alone.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 02 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Dapagliflozin (Primary) ; Sitagliptin (Primary)
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 21 Jul 2012 Merck and Co added as associations as reported in the European Clinical Trials Database record.
- 28 Apr 2012 Additional location Germany added as reported by European Clinical Trials Database record.
- 06 Jul 2011 New trial record