A 12 week Study to Evaluate the Effect of Fluticasone Furoate (FF, GW685698)/Vilanterol (VI, GW642444) 100/25 Mcg Inhalation Powder Delivered Once Daily Via a Novel Dry Powder Inhaler (NDPI) on Arterial Stiffness Compared With Tiotropium Bromide 18 Mcg Delivered Once Daily Via a HandiHaler in Subjects With Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 12 Jan 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Vilanterol/fluticasone furoate (Primary) ; Tiotropium bromide
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Pharmacodynamics; Registrational
- Sponsors GlaxoSmithKline
- 01 Dec 2014 Primary endpoint has not been met. (Mean Change From Baseline (BL) in Aortic Pulse Wave Velocity (aPWV) at the End of the 12-week Treatment Period (Day 84)) according to results published in the Chest.
- 14 Nov 2011 Additional trial location (Argentina) identified as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 25 Aug 2011 Additional trial locations (Norway, Russia) identified as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.