A Multi-Center, Prospective, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group Study to Evaluate the Effect of AMR101 on Cardiovascular Health and Mortality in Hypertriglyceridemic Patients with Cardiovascular Disease or at High Risk for Cardiovascular Disease: REDUCE-IT (Reduction of Cardiovascular Events with EPA – Intervention Trial)
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 13 Nov 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Ethyl eicosapentaenoic acid (Primary)
- Indications Cardiovascular disorders; Hypertriglyceridaemia
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms REDUCE-IT
- Sponsors Amarin Corporation
- 13 Nov 2017 The company is planning to include some patients with Chronic Kidney Disease in this trial, as reported in an Amarin Corporation media release. The compnay anticipates the onset of the target final primary cardiovascular event will be reached in Q1 2018.
- 14 Aug 2017 According to an Amarin Corporation media release, results from the completed study are expected in Q2 or Q3 2018.
- 14 Aug 2017 According to an Amarin Corporation media release, the independent data monitoring committee (DMC) has completed its review of the pre-specified interim efficacy and safety analysis for this study and has recommended that the trial continue as planned without modification.