Factorial trial for treating sleepy overweight or obese sleep apnea patients who cannot use standard treatments comparing hypocaloric diet with high protein/ low glycemic index diet for fat mass reduction and simultaneously comparing armodafinil with placebo for improving simulated driving ability and neuro-behavioural functioning.
Phase of Trial: Phase II/III
Latest Information Update: 23 Oct 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Armodafinil (Primary)
- Indications Obesity; Sleep apnoea syndrome
- Focus Pharmacogenomic; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms DEAR
- 17 Oct 2017 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed.
- 28 Jun 2012 Actual initiation date (22 Jun 2012) added and trial phase changed from IV to II/III as reported by Australian New Zealand Clinical Trials Registry record.
- 28 Jun 2012 Status changed from not yet recruiting to recruiting as reported by Australian New Zealand Clinical Trials Registry record.