A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Multicenter, Phase 3 Study of Drotrecogin Alfa (Activated) Administered as a Continuous 96-hr Infusion to Adult Patients With Septic Shock
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 24 Aug 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Drotrecogin alfa (Primary)
- Indications Embolism and thrombosis; Septic shock
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms PROWESS-SHOCK
- Sponsors Eli Lilly
- 09 Mar 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 1500 to 1696 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 25 Oct 2011 Status changed from recruiting to discontinued, according to an Eli Lilly media release. The PROWESS-SHOCK trial was discontinued as it failed to meet its primary endpoint. In addition, the drug is being withdrawn from all markets.
- 25 Oct 2011 Primary endpoint 'Death-rate' has not been met, according to an Eli Lilly media release.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History