A 24 months, prospective, randomized, double-blind study to assess the effect of daily oral administration of 2 g of strontium ranelate versus placebo on bone mineral density in postmenopausal osteoporotic women previously treated with oral bisphosphonates.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 18 Aug 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Strontium ranelate (Primary)
- Indications Fracture; Postmenopausal osteoporosis
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- 15 Aug 2015 Status changed from recruiting to completed, as reported by European Clinical Trials Database record.
- 28 Dec 2012 Planned End Date changed from 30 Aug 2014 to 30 Aug 2015 as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
- 11 Oct 2011 New trial record