A randomised, double-masked, placebo-controlled study of the efficacy of gevokizumab in the treatment of patients with Behcet's disease uveitis.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 22 Aug 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Gevokizumab (Primary)
- Indications Behcet's syndrome
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms EYEGUARD-B
- Sponsors Servier
- 05 Oct 2015 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to discontinued as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 14 Sep 2015 Status changed from recruiting to active, no longer recruiting as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 22 Jul 2015 According to a Xoma media release, this trial enrolled a total of 83 patients in the core part of the study (40 on gevokizumab and 43 on placebo). Patients were randomized when they reached the step of 20 mg/day equivalent oral prednisone and continued a standardized tapering regimen until they reached 5 mg/day during double-masked treatment.