A Randomized, Phase III, Multicenter Clinical Trial Comparing Capecitabine Plus Oxaliplatin (XELOX) and Capecitabine (X) as First-line Chemotherapy in Elderly Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 07 Apr 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Capecitabine (Primary) ; Oxaliplatin (Primary)
- Indications Gastric cancer
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- 02 Jun 2015 Although the hazard ratio for overall survival with capecitabine + oxaliplatin (XELOX) versus capecitabine alone did not achieve the predefined margin, an independent data monitoring committee recommended early stopping of the trial based on the evidence of superiority with XELOX, according to an abstract presented at ASCO 2015.
- 02 Jun 2015 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to discontinued, as reported in an abstract presented at ASCO 2015.
- 02 Jun 2015 Interim results of first interim analysis conducted in Dec 2014 (in 50 patients) presented at the 51st Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO 2015).