A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Oral Budesonide MMX 9 mg Extended-release Tablets as Add-on Therapy in Patients with Active, Mild or Moderate Ulcerative Colitis not Adequately Controlled on a Background Oral 5-ASA Regimen
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 18 May 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Budesonide (Primary)
- Indications Ulcerative colitis
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms CONTRIBUTE
- Sponsors Salix Pharmaceuticals; Santarus; Valeant Pharmaceuticals International
- 07 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 18 May 2017 According to a Salix Pharmaceuticals media release, the study was published in the Journal of Crohn's & Colitis.
- 20 Feb 2015 Data from this study were presented at the 10th Congress of the European Crohn's and Colitis Organisation (ECCO), according to a Ferring Pharmaceuticals media release.