Randomised, Placebo-controlled, Multi-centre Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of Eltrombopag in Thrombocytopenic Subjects With Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Infection Who Are Otherwise Eligible to Initiate Antiviral Therapy (Peginterferon Alfa-2a Plus Ribavirin)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 26 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Eltrombopag (Primary) ; Peginterferon alfa-2a; Ribavirin
- Indications Hepatitis C; Thrombocytopenia
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms ENABLE-1
- 07 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 24 Sep 2013 Results from this trial supported the approval of a marketing authorisation application for eltrombopag with the European Commission for treating chronic hepatitis C-associated thrombocytopenia according to a GlaxoSmithKline media release.
- 25 Mar 2013 New source identified and integrated (Clinical Trials Registry - India, CTRI2009-091-000507).