A Phase II Randomized, Double-Blind, Study of the Safety and Tolerability of Maraviroc (MVC), Maraviroc + Emtricitabine (MVC+FTC), Maraviroc + Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate (MVC+TDF), or Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate + Emtricitabine (TDF+FTC) For Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) To Prevent HIV Transmission in At-Risk Men Who Have Sex With Men and in At-Risk Women.
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 20 Jul 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Emtricitabine; Maraviroc; Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate
- Indications HIV infections
- Focus Adverse reactions
- Acronyms NEXT-PrEP
- 10 Oct 2013 New source identified and integrated (University of Washington Health Sciences; 42683).
- 30 Aug 2013 Planned End Date changed from 1 Jan 2014 to 1 Dec 2014 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 12 Feb 2013 Planned number of patients changed from 400 to 600 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.