A Multicenter, Randomized, Single-blind, Active-controlled, Parallel Group, Phase II Study to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of a Single Intravenous (6 mg, 12 mg, 18 mg, 24 mg or 36 mg) Dose of the Neurokinin-1 Receptor Antagonist, Vestipitant (GW597599), Compared With a Single 4 mg Intravenous Ondansetron Hydrochloride Dose for the Treatment of Breakthrough Post-Operative Nausea and Vomiting After Failed Prophylaxis With an Ondansetron-Containing Regimen in Patients Undergoing Non-Emergency Surgical Procedures.
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 08 Dec 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Vestipitant (Primary) ; Ondansetron
- Indications Postoperative nausea and vomiting
- Focus Adverse reactions; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms PONV
- 01 Aug 2012 Status changed from recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 19 Jun 2012 Additional lead trial investigators identified as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 15 Jun 2012 Additional trial location (Scotland) added as reported by United Kingdom Clinical Research Network record.