A Randomized Phase III Trial to Determine whether Conjugated Pneumococcal Vaccine Can Improve the Immune Responsiveness and Lead to Fewer Infections Compared to Polysaccharide Pneumococcal Vaccine in Patients with Untreated Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 25 Jun 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Pneumococcal 13-valent CRM197 vaccine conjugate (Primary) ; Pneumococcal vaccine
- Indications Pneumococcal infections
- Focus Pharmacodynamics
- 25 Jun 2017 Primary endpoint has been met. (Immune response to Pneumovax compared to immune response to Prevenar) as per result presented at the 22nd Congress of the European Haematology Association
- 25 Jun 2017 Results presented at the 22nd Congress of the European Haematology Association
- 05 Apr 2017 Based on the correspondance with investigator (Eva Kimby on 5 April 2017), Pfized had provided free prevenar and some economic support for monitoring to this trial.