A Phase II Evaluation of Metformin, Targeting Cancer Stem Cells for the Prevention of Relapse in Patients With Stage IIC/III/IV Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, and Primary Peritoneal Cancer
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 07 Jul 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Metformin (Primary) ; Antineoplastics
- Indications Fallopian tube cancer; Ovarian cancer; Peritoneal cancer
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- 03 Jul 2017 Planned End Date changed from 1 Oct 2016 to 1 Feb 2018.
- 03 Jul 2017 Planned primary completion date changed from 1 Apr 2017 to 1 Feb 2018.
- 06 Jun 2017 Results (n=38) assessing the effect of metformin as a cancer stem cell targeting agent in patients with advanced stage epithelial ovarian cancer, presented at the 53rd Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.