A Randomised, Double-blind, Parallel-group, Multicentre, Phase III Study to Compare the Efficacy and Tolerability of Fulvestrant (FASLODEXTM) 500 mg with Anastrozole (ARIMIDEXTM) 1 mg as Hormonal Treatment for Postmenopausal Women with Hormone Receptor-Positive Locally Advanced or Metastatic Breast Cancer Who Have Not Previously Been Treated With Any Hormonal Therapy (FALCON).
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 04 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Fulvestrant (Primary) ; Anastrozole
- Indications Advanced breast cancer
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms FALCON
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 26 Jul 2017 According to an AstraZeneca media release, the European Commission (EC) approved Faslodex (fulvestrant) for the treatment of oestrogen-receptor positive, locally-advanced or metastatic breast cancer in postmenopausal women not previously treated with endocrine therapy. The EU approval is based on pivotal data from this trial.
- 02 Jun 2017 Results presented at the 53rd Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- 22 Dec 2016 Planned End Date changed from 1 Sep 2017 to 1 Feb 2018.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History