A Randomised, Double-blind, Parallel-group, Multicentre, Phase III Study to Compare the Efficacy and Tolerability of Fulvestrant (FASLODEXTM) 500 mg with Anastrozole (ARIMIDEXTM) 1 mg as Hormonal Treatment for Postmenopausal Women with Hormone Receptor-Positive Locally Advanced or Metastatic Breast Cancer Who Have Not Previously Been Treated With Any Hormonal Therapy (FALCON).
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 09 Dec 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Fulvestrant (Primary) ; Anastrozole
- Indications Advanced breast cancer
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms FALCON
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 09 Dec 2017 Results of FALCON, FIRST and CONFIRM studies comparing treatment effect of Fulvestrant vs comparators in post-menopausal patients, presented at the 40th Annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
- 28 Aug 2017 Based on the data from this trial, the US FDA has approved FASLODEX (fulvestrant) 500mg as monotherapy for expanded use in women with hormone-receptor positive (HR+), human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 negative (HER2-) advanced breast cancer, who have gone through menopause and have not received previous endocrine therapy.
- 26 Jul 2017 According to an AstraZeneca media release, the European Commission (EC) approved Faslodex (fulvestrant) for the treatment of oestrogen-receptor positive, locally-advanced or metastatic breast cancer in postmenopausal women not previously treated with endocrine therapy. The EU approval is based on pivotal data from this trial.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History