A phase III randomized, double-blind placebo controlled study of BKM120 with fulvestrant, in postmenopausal women with hormone receptor-positive HER2-negative locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer which progressed on or after aromatase inhibitor treatment.
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 26 Oct 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Buparlisib (Primary) ; Fulvestrant
- Indications Advanced breast cancer
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms BELLE-2
- Sponsors Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- 26 Oct 2017 Results of analysis assessing role of PIK3CA mutation status as a biomarker of PI3K inhibitor treatment efficacy in pts with HR+, HER2- ABC using patient data from BELLE-2 and BELLE-3 trials presented at the AACR-NCI-EORTC International Conference on Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics 2017
- 16 Oct 2017 Planned End Date changed from 20 Sep 2017 to 8 Nov 2017.
- 16 Oct 2017 Planned primary completion date changed from 20 Sep 2017 to 8 Nov 2017.