Evaluation of the Antihyperalgesic Effect of Tapentadol in Two Human Experimental Models of: 1) Cold and Mechanical (Pinprick) Hyperalgesia Evoked by Topical Menthol Applied at High-concentration [40%], 2) Heat and Mechanical (Pinprick) Hyperalgesia by Topical Applied Capsaicin [0.6%].
Phase of Trial: Phase I
Latest Information Update: 01 Sep 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Tapentadol (Primary) ; Capsaicin; Menthol
- Indications Hyperalgesia; Pain
- Focus Pharmacodynamics; Proof of concept
- 01 Sep 2016 Primary end point (thermal pain thresholds) has not been met.
- 01 Sep 2016 Primary end point (mechanical pain sensitivity) has not been met.
- 11 Oct 2012 Planned end date changed from 1 Mar 2013 to 1 Jun 2013 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.