A Long-term, Randomised, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Multinational, Multi-centre Trial to Evaluate Cardiovascular and Other Long-term Outcomes With Semaglutide in Subjects With Type 2 Diabetes (SUSTAIN 6 - Long-term Outcomes)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 05 Dec 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Semaglutide (Primary)
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms SUSTAIN-6
- Sponsors Novo Nordisk
- 05 Dec 2017 According to a Novo Nordisk media release, based on the results from SUSTAIN phase IIIa global clinical development program, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Ozempic (semaglutide injection) for once-weekly administration in adults with type 2 diabetes.
- 24 Oct 2017 Results of post-hoc analysis assessing the effect of semaglutide on alanine aminotrans-ferase, presented at The Liver Meeting 2017: 68th Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases.
- 18 Oct 2017 According to a Novo Nordisk media release, the Endocrinologic and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee (EMDAC) of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) voted 16-0, supporting the approval of once-weekly semaglutide to improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes. The recommendation was based on data from SUSTAIN phase IIIa global clinical development program.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History