A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel Group, Phase 3 Trial to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Therapy with Dapagliflozin added to Saxagliptin in Combination with Metformin compared to Therapy with Placebo added to Saxagliptin in Combination with Metformin in Subjects with Type 2 Diabetes who have Inadequate Glycemic Control on Metformin and Saxagliptin + Pharmacogenetics Blood Sample
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 19 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Dapagliflozin (Primary) ; Metformin; Saxagliptin
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors AstraZeneca; Bristol-Myers Squibb
- 07 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 19 Jul 2016 According to AstraZeneca media release, the European Commission (EC) has approved Qtern (saxagliptin/dapagliflozin) tablets for the treatment of type 2 diabetes in all 28 EU member countries plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
- 27 May 2016 According to an AstraZeneca media release, the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has issued a positive opinion, recommending the approval of saxa/dapa (saxagliptin and dapagliflozin) tablets for the treatment of adults with type-2 diabetes.