A randomized controlled trial of rivaroxaban for the prevention of major cardiovascular events in patients with coronary or peripheral artery disease (COMPASS - Cardiovascular OutcoMes for People using Anticoagulation StrategieS)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 21 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Rivaroxaban (Primary) ; Aspirin; Pantoprazole; Proton pump inhibitors
- Indications Cardiovascular disorders; Coronary artery disease; Embolism and thrombosis; Heart failure; Myocardial infarction; NSAID-induced gastrointestinal damage; Peripheral arterial disorders; Stroke
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms COMPASS
- Sponsors Bayer
- 21 Aug 2017 According to a company media release, in February 2017, Janssen announced that this trial was being stopped early due to efficacy based on the recommendation of the study's independent Data Monitoring Committee (DMC), as the primary efficacy endpoint had reached its pre-specified criteria for superiority.
- 21 Aug 2017 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to suspended, according to a Janssen media release.
- 21 Aug 2017 According to a Janssen media release, new data from this trial will be presented at the ESC Congress 2017.