A randomized controlled trial of rivaroxaban for the prevention of major cardiovascular events in patients with coronary or peripheral artery disease (COMPASS - Cardiovascular OutcoMes for People using Anticoagulation StrategieS)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 14 Nov 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Rivaroxaban (Primary) ; Aspirin; Pantoprazole
- Indications Cardiovascular disorders; Coronary artery disease; Embolism and thrombosis; Heart failure; Myocardial infarction; NSAID-induced gastrointestinal damage; Peripheral arterial disorders; Stroke
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms COMPASS; COMPASS CABG
- Sponsors Bayer
- 11 Nov 2017 Trial design and patient characteristics data presented at the 90th Annual Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association.
- 06 Nov 2017 According to Bayer media release, based on the data of this trial, company has submitted an application to the European Medicines Agency (EMA) for marketing authorization of Rivaroxaban (Xarelto) in combination with Aspirin for the treatment of patients with coronary artery disease (CAD) or peripheral artery disease (PAD) and expects to file the application in the USA by the end of the year 2017.
- 03 Nov 2017 Planned End Date changed from 31 Mar 2018 to 30 Jun 2021.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History