A multicentre, prospective, observational cohort study to assess the effects of vildagliptin relative to sulphonylurea as dual therapy with metformin (or as monotherapy*) in Muslim patients with type 2 diabetes fasting during Ramadan: VIRTUE
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 01 Jan 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Vildagliptin (Primary) ; Glimepiride
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Adverse reactions; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms VIRTUE
- Sponsors Novartis
- 01 Sep 2016 Results of pooled data (n=246) published in the Diabetes Therapy (2016).
- 19 Sep 2014 Results of a post-hoc analysis were presented at the 50th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
- 16 Sep 2014 Primary endpoint has been met (Proportion of patients with 1 hypoglycaemic event during Ramadan) according to results presented at the 50th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History