A Randomized, Double-Blind, Double-Dummy Study Assessing The Safety and Tolerability of Sarilumab and Tocilizumab In Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis Who Are Inadequate Responders to or Intolerant of TNF Antagonists
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 29 Jun 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Sarilumab (Primary) ; Tocilizumab
- Indications Rheumatoid arthritis
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational
- Acronyms ASCERTAIN; SARIL-RA-ASCERTAIN
- Sponsors Sanofi
- 27 Jun 2017 According to a Sanofi Genzyme media release, based on the data from seven Phase 3 trials in the global SARIL-RA clinical development program, the European Commission (EC) has granted marketing authorisation for Kevzara (sarilumab) in combination with methotrexate (MTX) for the treatment of moderately to severely active rheumatoid arthritis in adult patients who have responded inadequately to, or who are intolerant to one or more disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs).
- 22 May 2017 According to a Sanofi media release, based on the data from approximately 2,900 adults the US FDA has approved Kevzara (sarilumab) for the treatment of adult patients with moderately to severely active rheumatoid arthritis who have had an inadequate response or intolerance to one or more DMARDs, such as methotrexate (MTX).
- 28 Apr 2017 According to a Regeneron Pharmaceuticals media release, the US FDA has accepted the resubmission of the Biologics License Application for sarilumab (Kevzara) as a Class I response with a two month review timeline. Per the Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA), the new target action date is May 22, 2017.