A Randomised, Open-label, Phase III Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Oral Afatinib (BIBW 2992) Versus Intravenous Methotrexate in Patients With Recurrent and/or Metastatic Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma Who Have Progressed After Platinum-based Therapy
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 14 Jul 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Afatinib (Primary) ; Methotrexate
- Indications Head and neck cancer
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms LUX-Head and Neck-3
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 18 Apr 2017 Planned End Date changed from 1 Jun 2019 to 28 Nov 2018.
- 14 Feb 2017 Planned End Date changed from 1 Dec 2018 to 1 Jun 2019.
- 14 Feb 2017 Planned primary completion date changed from 1 Aug 2017 to 1 Feb 2018.