CARMELINA: A Multicenter, International, Randomized, Parallel Group, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Cardiovascular Safety and Renal Microvascular Outcome Study With Linagliptin, 5 mg Once Daily in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus at High Vascular Risk
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 09 Dec 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Linagliptin (Primary)
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Adverse reactions
- Acronyms CARMELINA
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim
- 15 Sep 2017 Baseline characteristics of the treated study population (n=6978) randomized between July 2013 and August 2016, were presented at the 53rd Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
- 13 Jun 2017 Results (n=6978 randomized between July 2013 and August 2016) presented at the 77th Annual Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association
- 07 Jun 2017 Planned End Date changed from 1 Jan 2018 to 11 Dec 2017.