A 52-week, double-blind, randomized, multinational, multicentre, 2-arm parallel-group, active-controlled clinical trial of fixed combination of beclometasone dipropionate plus formoterol fumarate plus glycopyrrolate bromide administered via pMDI (CHF 5993) versus fixed combination of beclometasone dipropionate plus formoterol fumarate administered via pMDI in Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 24 Jul 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Beclometasone/formoterol/glycopyrrolate (Primary) ; Beclometasone/formoterol
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms Trilogy
- Sponsors Chiesi Farmaceutici SpA
- 24 Jul 2017 According to a Chiesi media release, the European Commission granted the marketing authorisation for Trimbow for the maintenance treatment in adult patients with moderate to severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) who are not adequately treated by a combination of an inhaled corticosteroid and a long-acting beta2-agonist.
- 24 Jul 2017 Results from this trial have been published in The Lancet, according to a Chiesi media release.
- 24 May 2017 Results of post-hoc analysis of TRILOGY and TRINITY studies presented at the 113th International Conference of the American Thoracic Society.