Efficacy and safety of tianeptine oral administration (25 to 50 mg/day) in elderly patients suffering from Major Depressive Disorder. A 8-week, randomized, double-blind, flexible-dose, parallel groups, placebo-controlled, international, multicentre study with escitalopram as active control, followed by an optional double-blind extension treatment period of 16 weeks.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 03 Mar 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Tianeptine (Primary) ; Escitalopram
- Indications Major depressive disorder
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors IRIS
- 02 Mar 2016 Status changed from recruiting to completed, according to European Clinical Trials Database record.
- 09 Sep 2013 New trial record