Multicenter, Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Phase 3 Trial Of Fulvestrant (Faslodex (Registered)). With Or Without Pd-0332991 (Palbociclib) +/- Goserelin In Women With Hormone Receptor-positive, Her2-negative Metastatic Breast Cancer Whose Disease Progressed After Prior Endocrine Therapy
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 08 Dec 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Fulvestrant (Primary) ; Palbociclib (Primary) ; Goserelin
- Indications Advanced breast cancer
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms PALOMA-3
- Sponsors Pfizer
- 16 Nov 2017 According to an Institute of Cancer Research media release, Professor Nicholas Turner, Professor of Molecular Oncology at the ICR is the principle investigator of the study.
- 14 Nov 2017 According to an AstraZeneca media release, the European Commission (EC) has approved a new indication for Faslodex (fulvestrant) in combination with a CDK4/6 inhibitor, palbociclib, for the treatment of hormone receptor-positive (HR+), human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 negative (HER2-) locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer in women who have received prior endocrine therapy.
- 13 Oct 2017 According to an AstraZeneca media release, the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of the EMA has adopted a positive opinion recommending a new indication for Faslodex (fulvestrant) that will expand its use to include combination therapy with palbociclib. The CHMP opinion is based on data from this trial.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History