Multicenter, Two-phase, Multi-dose, Prospective, Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Safety and Efficacy of Microporous, Fractionated, Protonated Zirconium Silicate in Mild to Moderate Hyperkalemia
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 24 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Zirconium silicate (Primary)
- Indications Hyperkalaemia
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors ZS Pharma
- 24 Feb 2017 According to an AstraZaneca media release, the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of the EMA has issued a positive opinion recommending the approval of ZS-9 (sodium zirconium cyclosilicate) for the treatment of hyperkalaemia. The recommendation was based on data from this and three other phase III trials.
- 16 Nov 2016 Results of post-hoc pooled analysis (n=153) of data from two phase III ZS-9 trials (ZS-003 and HARMONIZE) assessing the effects of ZS-9 in heart failure patients with hyperkalemia on maximal doses of RAASi, submaximal RAASi, or no RAASi at baseline, presented at the 89th Annual Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association.
- 04 Feb 2016 According to an AstraZeneca media release, the regulatory submissions for zirconium silicate [ZS 9] in the treatment of hyperkalaemia have been accepted for review by the CHMP of EMA and the US FDA.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History