A Randomized, Double Masked, Active Controlled, Phase 3 Study of the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of Repeated Doses of Intravitreal VEGF Trap in Subjects With Neovascular Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 01 Sep 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Aflibercept (Primary) ; Ranibizumab
- Indications Choroidal neovascularisation; Wet age-related macular degeneration
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms VIEW-2
- Sponsors Bayer
- 01 Apr 2015 According to Bayer media release, based on data from this trial and the SIGHT study (see profile 700255430) as well as those of the previous VIEW 1 (see profile 700238595) trial, Bayer HealthCare has submitted an application for marketing authorization of aflibercept solution for injection for the treatment of patients with wet AMD to the China Food and Drug Administration.
- 01 Jan 2015 Results of a Japanese subgroup analysis were published in the British Journal of Ophthalmology.
- 16 Nov 2013 Planned number of patients 1200 added as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.