A Phase IIIb Randomised, Double-blind, Active-controlled, Parallel Group, Efficacy and Safety Study of Once Daily Oral Administration of Empagliflozin 25 mg Compared to Sitagliptin 100 mg During 52 Weeks in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients Who Are Treatment-naive or on Treatment With Metformin With Insufficient Glycaemic Control
Withdrawn prior to enrolment
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 30 Oct 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Empagliflozin (Primary) ; Sitagliptin
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 07 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 24 Oct 2014 According to the ClinicalTrials.gov record, status changed from not yet recruiting to withdrawn prior to enrolment.
- 11 Dec 2013 Planned End Date changed from 1 Nov 2015 to 1 Sep 2016 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.