Randomized, Double-blind, Evaluation in Secondary Stroke Prevention Comparing the EfficaCy and Safety of the Oral Thrombin Inhibitor Dabigatran Etexilate (110 mg or 150 mg, Oral b.i.d.) Versus Acetylsalicylic Acid (100 mg Oral q.d.) in Patients With Embolic Stroke of Undetermined Source (RESPECT ESUS)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 11 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Dabigatran etexilate (Primary) ; Aspirin
- Indications Stroke
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms RE-SPECT ESUS
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim; Unilfarma
- 04 Apr 2016 Planned End Date changed from 1 Nov 2017 to 1 Jun 2018, according to ClinicalTrials.gov record.
- 04 Apr 2016 Planned primary completion date changed from 1 Nov 2017 to 1 Jun 2018, according to ClinicalTrials.gov record.
- 15 Dec 2014 Planned number of patients changed from 6750 to 6000, according to a Boehringer Ingelheim media release.