A Phase I/II Controlled Dose-escalating Trial to Establish the Baseline Safety and Efficacy of a Single Subretinal Injection of rAAV.sFlt-1 Into Eyes of Patients With Exudative Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase I/II
Latest Information Update: 05 May 2017
At a glance
- Drugs AVA 101 (Primary) ; Ranibizumab
- Indications Wet age-related macular degeneration
- Focus Adverse reactions
- Sponsors Avalanche Biotechnologies
- 30 Sep 2015 Results for the phase I portion in 8 patients published online in the Lancet.
- 15 Jun 2015 Topline results from the phase I and IIa of the study published in an Avalanche Biotechnologies media release.
- 14 May 2015 Baseline data for the patients from the Phase IIa part of the trial to be presented at the American Society of Gene & Cell Therapy (ASGCT) 18th Annual Meeting.