A 52-week, Multicenter, Randomized, Double-blind Study of Subcutaneous Secukinumab to Demonstrate Efficacy as Assessed by Psoriasis Area and Severity Index at 16 Weeks of Treatment Compared to Ustekinumab and to Assess Long-term Safety, Tolerability and Efficacy in Subjects With Moderate to Severe Plaque Psoriasis (CLEAR)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 25 Jul 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Secukinumab (Primary) ; Ustekinumab
- Indications Plaque psoriasis
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms CLEAR
- Sponsors Novartis; Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- 06 Jul 2017 According to a Novartis media release, the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) has approved a label update for Cosentyx (secukinumab). The label update includes 52-week data from this study demonstrating the long-term superiority of Cosentyx versus Stelara (ustekinumab) in psoriasis. The updated label also includes use of Cosentyx to treat moderate-to-severe scalp psoriasis.
- 24 May 2017 Results evaluating differential direct and indirect effects of secukinumab vs. ustekinumab on psoriasis symptoms and patient-reported work productivity and activity impairment (WPAI) at 52 weeks, presented at the 22nd Annual International Meeting of the International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research.
- 24 May 2017 Results exploring differences in utilities and quality adjusted life years in German and UK presented at the 22nd Annual International Meeting of the International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History