A three part, staggered cohort, open-label and double blind, randomized, placebo controlled study to investigate the efficacy, safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetics of eltrombopag, a thrombopoietin receptor agonist, in previously treated pediatric patients with chronic idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 12 Jun 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Eltrombopag (Primary)
- Indications Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms PETIT
- Sponsors GlaxoSmithKline
- 07 Apr 2016 Results published in a Ligand Pharmaceuticals media release.
- 07 Apr 2016 Results published in Novartis media release.
- 07 Apr 2016 According to Novartis media release, this is a three part study, Part one was an open label, dose finding study; part two was double-blind and placebo-controlled, and part three was an open-label extension.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History