Study MEA117106: Mepolizumab vs. Placebo as add-on Treatment for Frequently Exacerbating COPD Patients
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 07 Nov 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Mepolizumab (Primary)
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms METREX
- Sponsors GlaxoSmithKline
- 07 Nov 2017 According to a GlaxoSmithKline media release, based on the data from METREX and METREO studies the company has submission of a supplemental Biologics License Application (sBLA) to the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), seeking approval of mepolizumab as an add-on to maintenance treatment for patients who have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) with an eosinophilic phenotype. Regulatory filings in other countries are planned during the course of 2017 and 2018.
- 12 Sep 2017 According to a GlaxoSmithKline media release, results of the METREX and METREO studies, along with data from a pre-specified meta-analysis combining both studies, have been published in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM), with simultaneous presentation at the European Respiratory Society (ERS) International Congress 2017.
- 12 Sep 2017 Results published in GlaxoSmithKline media release.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History