A Phase 2/3 Randomized, Double-Masked, Controlled Trial to Assess the Safety and Efficacy of Intravitreous Administration of Zimura (Anti-C5 Aptamer) in Subjects With Geographic Atrophy Secondary to Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration
Phase of Trial: Phase II/III
Latest Information Update: 29 Sep 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Avacincaptad pegol (Primary)
- Indications Dry age-related macular degeneration
- Focus Adverse reactions; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors OphthoTech Corporation
- 19 Sep 2017 According to an OphthoTech Corporation media release, the company has decided to modify this trial. The trial will be modified to accelerate the anticipated timeline to obtain topline data by reducing the number of patients, shortening the time point for attaining the primary efficacy endpoint and thereby reducing the cost to complete the study. The modified study design will incorporate patients already enrolled in the study.
- 04 May 2016 According to an OphthoTech Corporation media release, the first patient was dosed during the first quarter of 2016.
- 29 Jan 2016 Status changed from planning to recruiting according to an Ophthotech Corporation media release.